Monday, June 18, 2012

Too good for their own good!

So, it seems the craziest thing my children have done lately is behave.  I probably shouldn't be complaining about that but it makes writing this blog a whole lot harder.  Of course there have been the occasional brother-sister spats from the older two the past week and more whining than I care to deal with, but it could be a lot worse.

Even while behaving though, Addie sure can say some crazy things.  She was so sweet to me on Father's Day.  She drew me pictures, gave me tons of hugs and then said I could pick her clothes out for her Monday because "it's Father's Day night."  I said ok and walked over to her closet. But before I could, she said "I know which one you can pick.  It's the one that says I love my dad."  So that was me "picking" out her clothes.

Earlier that day I was lying down playing with Oliver and she came over and started fanning me with a clothes hanger.  You know the old-school wire ones with paper you get from the dry cleaners?  She said I was a king and deserved to be fanned on Father's Day.  I thought that was a little strange, but I went with hit.  However, I had to end it when she, for some only-God-knows reason, started singing, "I'm sexy and I know it." I'm seriously considering removing all TVs and radios from this house.

I know some of the shows she watches really have helped prepare her for kindergarten with brain teasers that range from problem solving to math.  Yet phrases like, "You ruined my life," and the aforementioned (in an earlier entry) "I want a big 'ol slice of Justin Beiber," Jamie and I could go without.  Just the other day we all were watching a Disney show,  "Let it Shine."  There were two young kids having a rap battle and Addie tells us, "Hey Mom and Dad, those two are clowning on each other."

Chip showing Uncle Stu and me how not to hit our drives "curvy."

Speaking of clowning on people, Chip played his first round of non-putt-putt golf on Father's Day with me and my Uncle Stu. After Stu and I hit our tee shots in the trees, Chip landed one down the middle of the fairway.  Later, as we were walking off hole one, we congratulated him on a nice bogey. In his humble manner, he says, "How come you guys have done this before and I'm the only one who hit it straight? You know, when I'm Dad's age I'll be just like Tiger Woods." Later that night during a Skype session with Jamie's parents he told them Stu and I kept hitting our balls "curvy" while he was hitting them straight.  So I figured it out, I just need to stop hitting the ball curvy.

Are your kids this crazy?!

*Don't worry I don't have dreams that Chip will become the next Tiger Woods, or even the next Bubba Watson, and live vicariously through him. Have you seen me play?  I'm just hoping he breaks 100 and can tell me what that feels like.


2 comments:

  1. Haha....cant wait to tell Ladd he only has to stop hitting it curvy

    ReplyDelete