Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Tooth Fairy Makes an Unplanned Visit

Losing your first tooth is supposed to be a really cool moment.  However, if you know my daughter Addison, you know she is no ordinary five-year-old. Did she feel a loose tooth and pull it out herself?  Or did we tie a string to it and wrap it around the doorknob and give it a tug?  No to both.

Instead she was copping an Addie-tude, stomped around a bit and fell and knocked her tooth loose on the hardwood floor!  After a quick trip to the dentist, the tooth was out and Addie was scheduled to make some money that night (Only Addie would turn a hissy-fit for a profit).  It wasn't ready to come out, so it was almost an inch long with the root!  It was something that would only happen to Addie, but we wouldn't have it any other way because then, it just wouldn't be our Addie.

On her way to bed that night she asked Jamie and me what the tooth fairy looked like.  When we told her we weren't actually sure, her response was to simply go to www.toothfairy.com and check her out.  If you click on the link you can see she isn't much to look at.  So it was a good thing she swooped in, dropped a dollar coin under Addie's pillow, and swooped out.  Who knows how long she will have that hole in her smile, but she will have the story forever.

I've often wondered if Addie was our first child if she would have been our only child.  Obviously Chip would not have liked that, but now I think he's lobbying for a third sibling.  He was playing with Ollie the other day and called him his "favorite brother."  I said, "He's your only brother."  Chip then chirped up with, "You don't know that, you might have more."  I immediately froze in my tracks with the thought of Norris No. 4. I won't completely rule out the tiny, minute, remote possibility it could happen, but unless Chip wants to share a room with a baby and I want to be fully gray by 32, it ain't happening any time soon.

I love my kids, but if I wanted to spend any less time with each of them I would ship them off to boarding school not have another one.  Like I said, it might happen someday, but then again, the Royals might win a World Series too.


No comments:

Post a Comment